TRANUS: Integrated Land Use and Transport Model
TRANUS is an integrated land use and transport modeling package. The system combines a state-of-the-art model of activities location and interaction, land use and the real estate market, with a comprehensive multimodal transport model. The combination of these two models produces the highest benefits, but the transport model may be used as a stand-alone component, especially for short-term projections. The main characteristics of the model are:
- Very flexible activities location and land use model, applicable to a wide range of scales and contexts
- Transport model to represent both passengers and freight movements and multiple interacting modes (intermodality)
- Probabilistic logit combined modal split and assignment procedure, exclusive of the TRANUS model
- Detailed and effective representation of the public transport system, with multiple transfers, waiting times, integrated fares, etc.
- Economic, financial and environmental evaluation
- Powerful graphic interface with an intelligent database (object-oriented) and capable of dealing with multiple scenarios
- Applicable to any scale, from detailed urban level to regional and national models
- Long-term projections for strategic studies
- Very detailed short-term projections
Click here for a General Description of the TRANUS system.